The tough reality of construction work is that in a split second, your career could end and a life of pain and suffering could lie ahead. Construction workers face some of the most challenging and dangerous working conditions anywhere, and job-related injuries caused by negligence are far too common.
If you’ve suffered in an accident while working or simply being near a construction site, the experienced lawyers at Shapiro and Sternlieb, LLC can help you seek the full and fair compensation you deserve. Contact us today online or at (732) 617-8050 to schedule a no-cost consultation. We welcome clients from Newark and Jersey City, New Jersey. Our attorneys work on a contingency basis, so we don’t get paid unless you do.
Common Types of Construction Site Accidents
Our knowledgeable lawyers understand the complex nature of assessing construction-related accidents, injuries and the necessities for recovery. These types of premises liability cases commonly include:
- Heavy equipment accidents: Heavy equipment can almost always be found on construction sites. When equipment is carelessly operated or poorly maintained, you may suffer severe injuries.
- Falls: High falls that result from unsafe working conditions are common causes of injury. On many jobs, scaffolding is only one of many places where a fall can occur.
- Vehicle accidents: In an effort to rush materials, or due to simple carelessness, large truck accidents occur frequently on construction sites. The catastrophic consequences of these accidents can be devastating for you and your family.
- Explosions: Often caused by negligent repair, maintenance, installation or operation of equipment, explosions rarely happen by accident. Explosions can involve fire, heated liquids, toxic substances, chemicals, electricity or gas.
- Trench wall collapse: Often considered one of the most terrifying events that can happen on a job site, trench wall collapses can cause suffocation or inhalation of toxic fumes. The high level of risk involved in trench work requires additional safety measures to ensure the earth does not collapse around you and your co-workers.
- Crane accidents: Workers and passersby can suffer serious or fatal injuries when crane accidents occur. Crane safety is vitally important because anything and anyone within reach of a moving crane and its heavy payload has the potential to be crushed.
- Burns: Even the most experienced electricians can suffer shocks and burn injuries on a work site. Many times, these traumatic injuries are caused by an unsafe working environment.
Contact Our New Jersey Construction Accident Lawyers Today
At Shapiro & Sternlieb, LLC, we represent commercial and residential construction workers who endure risky environments on a daily basis. When common sense fails or industry safety standards are breached, the results can be life-altering and even fatal.
Our seasoned attorneys understand how to establish a strong claim in these extremely complicated cases. We are committed to helping you obtain the justice and compensation you deserve.
If you live in the Newark or Jersey City areas of New Jersey and need a skilled construction accident attorney you can trust, please contact us today by calling (732) 617-8050 or completing the form on this page to schedule a free initial consultation.