Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers help victims like you pursue justice and compensation. We do this because we've seen time and time again that Newark-area motorcycle accidents are catastrophic and devastating.
Of course, while we take pride in helping our clients, we know that it's far preferable to avoid accidents in the first place. There are no guarantees when you're on a motorcycle – you can do everything right and still find yourself the victim of a tragic accident.
However, this doesn't mean there's nothing you can do on your own behalf. You can take a number of steps while on a motorcycle to protect your safety and well-being. We recommend you always:
- Wear a helmet. It's the law in the state of New Jersey, and it's also one of the best actions you can take to protect yourself.
- Follow all traffic laws. It's hard enough to stay safe while on a motorcycle – don't make things any more dangerous by breaking the law.
- Wear heavy duty clothes that cover your legs and arms. Don't have any exposed skin while on your bike.
- Always pay attention while on the road. And make sure you pay attention to other drivers as well – they might not notice you, so be sure you notice them.
- Make sure your motorcycle is in good shape, is properly maintained and has reflective surfaces as necessary
Unfortunately, these steps aren't guaranteed to keep you safe. You're always vulnerable to another driver's negligence while you're on a motorcycle. But these steps can help prevent an accident, protect you as much as possible in case an accident occurs and protect your legal rights in the event of a future action.
If you need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in or around Norfolk, New Jersey, please call Shapiro & Sternlieb, LLC today at 732-851-1478 for a free consultation.